Ignatian Spirituality is the lens through which we see and prepare our faith formation for all ages. Our mission is to help people develop the spirituality of St. Ignatius. Our programs offer education/faith formation, group and individual prayer, and retreat experiences. Registration is open for Youth Faith Formation. Scroll down to see Adult Education opportunities.
Our Faith Formation Programs
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
First Reconciliation / First Communion - 2nd grade 10:15 – 11:30 am
Confirmation – 8th grade 10:15 – 11:30 am (2 Sun./mo)
Pre-Confirmation– 7th grade 10:15 – 11:30 am (2 Sun./mo)
Home Study Catechesis – 1st – 7th grades (not 2nd grade, must attend Sunday 2nd grade class)
Whole Family – 1st grade and up 10:15 – 11:15 am (once monthly)
Youth Service Opportunities: Click here for our events. To volunteer for Garden of Eat'n click here. For questions about these service opportunities contact Cathy Chiappetta, Faith Formation Director.
- The Prayer of the Daily Examen: New Dates! Sign up for October sessions - Sunday or Wednesday. Find a path towards what our hearts most deeply desire, and develop our growing friendship in love with God in this daily prayer.
- Encountering the Living God: An 8-week Directed Prayer Experience. Contact Fr. Jim Bowler, SJ. Come to an interest meeting Sept. 8 at 10:15am or Sept. 9 at 6:30 pm! View brochure for mobile devices here.
- The Spiritual Exercises: The full Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius is a path to deep conversion and discipleship.Contact Fr.John Michalowski, SJ or Fr.Jim Bowler, SJ. For more information on Directed Individual Retreats contact Allain Andry or Christine Pearson.
- Everyday Discernment -An Ignatian Approach to Understanding God's Will - Based on the insights of St. Ignatius, the workshop focuses on how to recognize and invite God into our decision making.
- CLA -Contemplative Leaders in Action (CLA): a two-year faith formation and leadership development program for young adults (20's and 30's), More information
- Spiritual Direction: Ignatian spiritual direction is distinctly rooted in Ignatian spirituality and the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius of Loyola. Contact Fr.Jim Bowler, SJ or Allain Andry.
- Seasonal Retreat - Our Ignatian Spirituality team presents Saturday morning contemplative retreats during Advent and Lent.
- St. Peter Ignatian Spirituality Team
Bible Study - Specific Sundays starting Sept. 15, with Deacon Clarke Cochran and Prof. Peter Judge.
Click "Bible Study" link to "How to Read the Bible as a Catholic" handouts and slides.
Meeting Christ in Prayer: - Canceled in Sept/Oct.. An engaging guided prayer experience with Ignatian Spirituality to deepen your prayer life.
Charisms & Talents - A workshop that blends the best of Spiritual Charisms and Strengthsfinder Talents! Adults interested in self-discovery for a deeper focus on life opportunities, giving back with your talents, or in time of transition.
The Kennedy Lecture is an annual event that is the gift of Thomas and Richard Kennedy, in memory of their parents, Keith and Joan Kennedy. This series aims to challenge us and to stimulate thinking by engaging prominent persons in the field of religion and ethics. The 2020 Kennedy Lecture will feature Thomas Massaro, S.J.,a Professor of Moral Theology at Fordham University. The topic will center on the environment and Pope Francis' Care for Our Common Home initiative.
Daily Offering Prayer
O Jesus, I come before you at the beginning of this day. I gaze at your face, I look upon your side pierced by the lance. Your wounded heart speaks to me of God’s love poured out for us. Take, Lord, and receive my heart: the words of faith that I speak, the works of justice I would do, my joys and sufferings. When I come to the Eucharistic table, gather my offerings to your own for the life of the world. At the end of the day, place me with Mary, your mother, and for her sake take me to your Heart. Amen.
By: Fr. James Devereaux, S.J.