Apostolic Preferences of the Society of Jesus - these are the priorities of which we walk together in the next several years.
- To show the way to God through the Spiritual Exercises and discernment;
- To walk with the poor, the outcasts of the world, those whose dignity has been violated, in a mission of reconciliation and justice;
- To accompany young people in the creation of a hope-filled future;
- To collaborate in the care of our Common Home.
St. Peter focuses on four key community outreach areas:
1.) Migration & Refugees - accompanying those who had to move due to war, climate change, and threats of violence.
2.) Food, Shelter & Housing - accompanying the poor, those denied dignity and a right to a decent life.
3.) Care for Creation & Our Common Home - fostering an integral ecology that respects all life.
4.) Journeying with Youth - accompanying the young through faith formation, academic and life skills education.
Click on the image below to register:
Click on color banners below for each category information page.
The link to volunteer or assistance information is abobe. St. Peter needs new stewardship in the ministries below:
- Room in the Inn - Co-leaders Glen McLaughlin, Jody Dawson. Make lunch bags for our neighbors!
- Soup kitchen and Shelters
Moe Cieri at [email protected] for the 3rd Saturday lunch at 945 N College St, Charlotte, NC 28206 or
Joe Duke at [email protected] for the 3rd Saturday dinner at the Men's Shelter 1210 N Tryon St, Charlotte, NC 28206
Click here to see how St. Peter parish is taking care of creation!
St. Peter members work with Catholic Charities of the Charlotte diocese to mentor refugee families.
We also support Jesuit Refugee Service https://www.jrsusa.org/ The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organization with a mission to accompany, serve, and advocate on behalf of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons, that they may heal, learn, and determine their own future.
- Druid Hills Academy Partnership>> to assist in educational and career opportunities for youth living in high poverty neighborhoods
- Girl Scouts
- Teen Serve Week - summer (see Faith Formation)
- Faith Formation
The Social Justice Ministry: Serving the parish by studying systemic causes of injustice in society and presenting educational forums. A faith-centered group that meets monthly to pray, study, plan and act. Our work is based on Catholic Social Teachings. Join our email list!
Contact [email protected].
We encourage you to engage in faith-filled service. The lessons we teach our children are through what we do as well as what we say... Volunteer Opportunities in the parish and community.