Since 1997, members of the parish have provided dinner, breakfast, showers, conversation and a warm place to sleep for our neighbors, homeless men, each Tuesday evening during the months of December through March. This is a ministry that supports the Roof Above of Charlotte.
Thank you to all our volunteers and support from the community of St. Peter.
Co-chairs: Glen McLaughlin or Jody Dawson
Glen McLaughlin asks for "roosters" - early volunteers on Wed. mornings who can help with breakfast & mattresses.
Jody Dawson, co-chair St Peter Room in the Inn
Lauren Cranford, UMC & St Peter parishioner, answers questions from volunteers.
Ashley Brown, Director of Room in the Inn, UMC
Team Leaders coordinate the following volunteer roles:
- Overnight hosts to stay through the night with our friends from 8:00 pm Tuesday to 6:00 am Wednesday (once or twice in the December thru March time frame).
- Volunteer to assist with the Biss Hall set up from 5:00 - 8:00 pm (air mattresses, linens, towels, toiletries, table settings, dinner meal, etc.).
- Volunteer to pick up our guests at Urban Ministry before 6pm Tuesdays.
- Volunteer to make lunches or cook for the dinner meal. Please stay for the meal and get to know our guests.
- Volunteer to help overnight team on Wednesday mornings- coffee, breakfast, clean up,
Glen McLaughlin and Jody Dawson