The Society of Jesus (Jesuits) discerned four priorities to focus on in the next ten years. These apostolic preferences are in agreement with the current priorities of the Church, and acting on them will "do what is for the greater divine service and the more universal good". Click on the image above to see a video (2:46) about the Jesuits' mission in today's world. The four Apostolic Preferences are listed here:
- To show the way to God through the Spiritual Exercises and discernment;
- To walk with the poor, the outcasts of the world, those whose dignity has been violated, in a mission of reconciliation and justice;
- To accompany young people in the creation of a hope-filled future;
- To collaborate in the care of our Common Home.
- Our Mission & Vision As a Catholic Jesuit parish in Charlotte's Center City, we are animated by the spirit of
St. Ignatius and welcome all to share in the joy of the Gospel and to come to know, love and serve God and
- About Us
- Bulletin this week
- Meet our Jesuit Priests at St.Peter
- Parish Staff
See this page for "Who to Go to For What at St. Peter"
- Pastoral, Finance Councils & Commissions page
- Parish History
- Photo Gallery and St Peter Videos on YouTube
- St. Peter Charitable Gifts- Tithing - form for request included
- State of the Parish Report 2021-22
- We celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Charlotte Diocese
- Where to Park
Office hours: Monday-Thursday 9:00am-4:00pm and Friday 9:00am-3:00pm.
Tony Bucci and Joe Breen, members of our Sages group, researched and produced videos of the parish history:
A History of St. Peter Catholic,Part 1 video
A History of St Peter - Religious Art and Arrival of the Jesuits,Part 2 video.